Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Do I Matter

 Do I matter

Do you care about my thoughts

Right now I don’t know

I feel like I’m in the open

Searching

Trying to survive 

Find comfort

In something that doesn’t exist 

Your hand is too far to reach


Do my words count

At least for something

Are you willing to fight for me

No matter the cost

I hear the battle being lost

As the storm is blowing through


Do you even need me

Your life is so busy

It’s like I’m not there

Your words have changed

I don’t know if you do

Not like I need you


I want you as the flowers need air

We need food

I want you in many ways

Do you want the same

Am I an object 

One to watch from afar


Am I this person

You only come too

When your life is hard

Forget about when it’s easy

I’ll be there to pick you up

Tell you the words you want to hear

Appreciate the little things

Breathe life into you


Do I matter

Enough to always be there

Lean on

The good and the bad

Do I no longer matter

Is it

I never did in the first place 



Written 8/31/26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

 I know I am shutting down Closing the trust we built I don’t know anymore What is in store of us In three months A year Will you still be h...