Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Feet in the Sand


 The sand between my toes

As I hold my shoes 

Walking along the shore

Listening to the crashing of the waves

Seeing the ripples of the water 

Stopping looking at the horizon

Thinking

Processing

The sun beginning to set


I sit on the sand 

Out of reach of the waves

Feet dug in

Arms wrapped around my legs

I close my eyes

To feel a warm breeze

The waves slowing

Receding


The warm breeze turns to cool

As night begins

The rolling whites is visible

For nothing much can be seen

No nightlife

Only crashing against the land


Wanting to bury these feelings

Like my feet are buried in the sand

Maybe my emotions

Can be taken out to sea

Still I sit

Listening 


Rolling waves so violent

Yet so calming

Are like the emotions deep within

Wanting to scream

Only to feel something

I’m like the sand

The grains mixed up

Swirling in the water

Trying to drown at sea


Somehow they stay with me

For it’s never that easy

Only if I could feel

Like I feel the sand


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feet in the Sand

  The sand between my toes As I hold my shoes  Walking along the shore Listening to the crashing of the waves Seeing the ripples of the ...