Thursday, August 27, 2026

Are They True

 Is it true

The words that were said

No one will want me

Is it a lie

That someone

Somewhere


Will I only be good for one thing

A mistress

A second

An after thought

Only in the back of someone’s mind

Maybe just a shadow


I want to be a priority 

A first

Not a last

Not a second

I don’t even know what’s that like

I seem to choose wrong

Maybe the words are wrong

I don’t know anymore

Will I ever


Words dictate actions

Actions don’t match 

Which one do I believe 

I was taught to hear the words

Not see what is done


I ask questions

I overthink

I want answers 

Which only makes you mad

I crawl inside

Into a shell

Try to hide so you can’t see

The wall crumbling on top of me


Trouble breathing

Anxiety filled

Not knowing how to survive 

Trying to decipher your words

Figuring out which ones are real


With each breath you take

Every sound that escapes

I try and believe you

Believe I am loved

Worth fighting for

I am not some second

An after thought

I am someone

Not just anyone


I ask again

Are the words true

Resting on your lips

Listening

Waiting

Only time will tell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

 I know I am shutting down Closing the trust we built I don’t know anymore What is in store of us In three months A year Will you still be h...