Thursday, August 27, 2026

Proud

 You saw me working hard

Doing things out of my norm

Yet it seemed like it wasn’t good enough

Not an attaboy

Nothing

It was can’t you guys get more of this

More of that


I have come a long way you know

I lift more than I used too

I have lost weight

Dropped sizes

Gained muscles

All since you saw me last

Yet, nothing meaningful


Why are not you proud

You don’t say you are

Your actions sure don’t speak it

What am I supposed to believe

Is none of you are proud

You are all the same

Came from the seed

I should know better

I shouldn’t have hope

Especially for things to change


I am sorry I won’t measure up

I am sorry I am not enough 

Maybe one day I’ll make you proud

Maybe one day I’ll make everyone else too 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

 I know I am shutting down Closing the trust we built I don’t know anymore What is in store of us In three months A year Will you still be h...