Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Pull

 I want to pull away

Save myself from pain

Hurt

Everything that I have felt before

The heartache 

Being broken into a million pieces

If I hurt you

Then I won’t get hurt

Right

That’s how it works

I hurt you

Before you hurt me


Now I am in this knee jerk reaction

Not knowing what to do

Do I push

Do I pull

Which is it

How do I breathe

I don’t know anymore

What I want seems to be leaving my grip

Slipping from my hands the more I push


Yet I’m the one pulling away

Somehow I am still wanting to hold on

Years of trust built

Not wanting to break

Yet, I want to destroy it

Tell them to go

Leave

Go away

I don’t need you anymore


That would be a lie


I need them

I want them

Everything about them


I need to pull in this tug a war of emotions

Pull in a direction that will keep me safe

Will it keep me safe

Will it just cause me harm

I don’t know

I just don’t know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

 I know I am shutting down Closing the trust we built I don’t know anymore What is in store of us In three months A year Will you still be h...